Monday, August 16, 2010

Ken Buck is watching his words

More than a year on the campaign trail offers a candidate such as Weld District Attorney Ken Buck plenty of chances to get caught on tape saying or doing things they may later find problematic.

Take, for example, his response to charges from the campaign of Buck's Democratic rival, Sen. Michael Bennet, D-Colo., that Buck wants to cut off student loans, a charge Buck rejects.

“I think we should have private companies managing the student loan program, being overseen by the federal government, but I've never said that we should do away with student loans, I don't think,” Buck said with a chuckle. “It amazes me, you know, after 16 months on camera. That is my feeling right now, as we are talking, that student loans are part of our system, and they make sense.”      - More -

No comments:

Post a Comment