Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Maes Liberal Kansas Police file shows he was fired for leaking info

Would-be governor Dan Maes today released more than a dozen pages of his police personnel file that he says validates his story about his time with the Liberal Kansas Police Department a quarter century ago.

While the documents show Maes was part of an ongoing investigation into a small-town gambling ring back in 1985, they also show that he was fired for leaking information about the probe to a relative of a suspected ringleader.

“My only misconduct has been the sharing of the pressures and anxieties of a complex investigation with the most important person in my life which has been loyal to me and my role as a police officer,” Maes wrote in July 1985, pleading for his job. “Neither I nor she have jeopardized any investigation.”    - More -

No comments:

Post a Comment