Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bob McConnell is done with the GOP

Bob McConnell, who failed to win the GOP nomination for the 3rd Congressional District in August and last Monday was denied the appointment to fill Al White’s vacated Senate seat, has decided that the Republican Party isn’t for him.

McConnell posted the following to his blog on Tuesday:

WHY I AM NO LONGER A REPUBLICAN

To those of you who listened when I asked you to trust the Republican Party, I apologize. The GOP has failed us at the national, state, and local level. I am no longer a Republican because the GOP no longer represents me or what I believe. When I stepped into the fray a year and a half ago I thought the evil I was fighting was the progressive movement. I was only half right. We must defeat Barack Obama and his agenda. The GOP is not up to the task. It is time to face the reality that conservatives are being shut out of the Party. Conservative values, not a "go along to get along, what will keep me in office" mentality will defeat Obama in 2012.

As I drove back from the vacancy committee meeting in Craig last night, I heard that the RNC is $4 million in debt. And these are the people who will lead us to fiscal responsibility? Small wonder contributions are evaporating after we learned last summer that more than two-thirds of all contributions go to keeping the national machine in first class when they travel to gala dinners, and the occasional massage parlor visit. GOP "leadership" in the US Senate and House is an oxymoron - a true contradiction in terms.   Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment