Friday, July 9, 2010

Romanoff: I was wrong for taking PAC money

U.S. Senate candidate and former Colorado House Speaker Andrew Romanoff (D) said Wednesday that he had erred in accepting money through a leadership PAC.

"I believe I was wrong then, and I'm right now, and more candidates for public office should follow my lead," Romanoff said on ABC/Washington Post's "Top Line" program.

Romanoff has made his opposition to accepting PAC money a cornerstone of his upstart bid against Sen. Michael Bennet (D). Romanoff hit on the theme this week in his first TV ad of the race, a 30-second spot in which Romanoff says that he won't "take a dime" of special interest money in his campaign. But beginning in September 2004, Romanoff accepted money through his personal PAC, the Romanoff Leadership Fund. He shut down the fund in January.   More -

No comments:

Post a Comment