Monday, November 8, 2010

Cole Finegan will not be running for Denver mayor

Cole Finegan, John Hickenlooper’s former chief of staff, has decided not to run for mayor in Denver.

The Denver Post is reporting that Finegan spent the morning calling supporters with his decision.

I thought about it, and I’m really flattered that a lot of people called and offered to support me and were kind to me,” Finegan said in an interview this morning. “I looked at it and decided that’s not the right path for me right now.”

Finegan said he’s happy in his current job as managing partner of Hogan Lovells, formerly the Hogan & Hartson law firm.

“I’m really very happy where I am and grateful to everyone who encouraged me, and I am thankful to them,” Finegan said.

Those who have thrown their hats into the ring so far include, Councilman Doug Linkhart, James Mejía and Danny Lopez.

Other who are thinking of running include Councilwoman Carol Boigon, Councilman Michael Hancock, state Sen. Chris Romer, hotel developer Walter Isenberg, former Denver fire chief Rich Gonzales and Republican businessman Buzz Geller.

No comments:

Post a Comment