Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ken Buck: “I have no regrets”

Buck, who lost the country's closest senate race by about 12,000 votes to Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet, lost steam down the stretch after the media focused on a number of statements he made about his views on social issues like homosexuality and abortion.

"That's who I am," Buck said. "I'm not going to run as a polished professional candidate. I am who I am. I think it's one of the reasons why I got as many votes as I did. And I think it's probably also the reason Michael got some of the votes he got, because people didn't with my positions on some issues. But I don't regret answering the question as honestly as I could answer the question."

Buck, who rode a wave of grassroots support to edge out Jane Norton in the GOP primary in August, was branded as "too extreme" by Bennet and myriad Democratic groups who spent millions on ads attacking the Republican candidate.

Buck, who accepts much of the blame for his defeat, also said that Colorado Republicans have to catch up to Democrats, who have built a stronger political infrastructure in the state.     More -

No comments:

Post a Comment