Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Denver school board member Merida resigns from Romanoff campaign

Denver school board member Andrea Merida is resigning from her consultant position with Andrew Romanoff’s campaign for U.S. Senate. She said she will remain as a volunteer “at least for now.”

Her decision comes in the wake of news last Friday that she has been on Romanoff’s payroll since May. She did not disclose that fact to the board, Denver Public Schools or the public at large.

“My constituents’ perception of my priorities are too important, and at the end of the day, regardless of who wins the senate race, we still have kids to educate,” Merida wrote me in an email. “Our students are my first priority. My constituents can expect me to continue to raise issues as loudly as ever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment